GOKU is a fictional character and main Hero of the Dragon Ball series. Goku first made his debut in Dragon Ball chapter #1. Bulma and Goku originally published in Japan’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine on June 19, 1984.GOKU is a monkey-tailed boy who practices martial arts and keeps superhuman strength. He meets Bulma and they going on a journey to find the wish-granting Dragon Balls. Along the way, he finds new friends who follow him on his journey to find dragon balls and many more adventures.
- On the Planet Vegeta, Goku was known as Kakarot, a name that was derived from “carrot,” it is a Saiyan name based on vegetables.
- Initially believed to have been born on Earth, Goku later learns that he is a member of an extraterrestrial being warrior race called the Saiyans, which is also the reason for his superhuman strength.
- Goku’s most unique relationship is with companion Saiyan Vegeta. Their rivalry is different as Goku is generally friendly towards Vegeta and recognizes his abilities as a fighter, although Goku does get competitive with Vegeta as seen from knowing that Vegeta left without him to train under Whis.
- Goku and Vegeta having trouble while working together because of their conflicting personalities and Vegeta’s continued desire to be best as Goku, they both respect each other and motivate each other to grow stronger. They ultimately becoming close and loyal friends outside their competitive nature.
- In the preliminaries, Goku’s opponent is champion from a previous World Tournament, King Chappa.
- Goku easily defeats him and then goes for to defeat Pamput a famous movie star, in the quarterfinals.
- In the semifinals, Goku’s opponent is his best friend Krillin, and he defeats him after a fierce battle. Goku moves on to fight with Tien and his Crane School style in the final round. During the match, Goku is again and again paralyzed and pinned down by Chiaotzu and his Telekinesis technique.
- After Goku is freed from Chiaotzu’s Telekinesis, the match continues as normal until Tien decides to use the Tri-Beam attack to destroy the stage. In mid-air, Goku knocks out Tien by using a Kamehameha to swiftly propel himself into Tien’s stomach. Falling at the same speed Goku hits the ground first after crashing into a van, leaving Tien as the Tournament winner.
RIDITZ is Goku’s Brother. At the beginning of Dragon Ball Z, Goku is 24 years old and is still living at Mount Paozu in a newly-built house near his old house, with his wife Chi-Chi and their four-year-old son, Gohan. After saving Gohan from falling down a waterfall, Goku goes Kame House with his son to introduce him to Bulma, Master Roshi, and Krillin. During this prosses suddenly Goku senses a huge power nearby him. The new threat arrives from space; Raditz, Goku’s older brother. Raditz reveals to Goku his Saiyan heritage and informs him that he was originally sent to Earth to destroy the planet’s inhabitants and prepare it to be sold, but had forgotten about it due to his head injury as a baby. When Goku refuses to carry out his forgotten mission, Raditz delivers a single kick to Goku’s ribs, knocking him down, and kidnaps Gohan, giving Goku an ultimatum: Raditz will kill Gohan unless Goku kills one hundred humans within the next twenty-four hours, and leaves them on the beach.
To defeat Raditz and save the Earth, Krillin and Master Roshi offer to help, but Goku does not accept their request, due to the fact that if they die again, they cannot be brought back, since they have already been killed. Piccolo, who had been listening to Raditz’s speech while hiding behind the Kame House, asks Goku to help him fight this new being, so they join forces. When Piccolo and Goku find Raditz with Gohan locked up in his space pod, Goku gives Raditz one last chance to free his son, but Raditz refuses. Goku and Piccolo both take off their weighted clothing to begin their fight. Even with their combined strength, Raditz still holds the upper hand. With the help of Gohan unleashing his inner powers to attack Raditz and weaken him, Goku and Piccolo come up with a plan to win.
- Goku’s father was a Saiyan by the name of Bardock, a character that we were introduced to in Bardock: The Father of Goku.
LOOKS OF GOKU:
Essentially, Goku is the spitting image of his father, Bardock, possessing the same spiky black hairstyle, dark-colored eyes, and facial features. However, he has softer eyes, a kind demeanor, and a lighter-pale skin complexion from his mother, Gine. Goku’s most distinguishing physical characteristic is his hair. He has 3 bangs hanging to the right of his forehead and 2 bangs hanging to the left. His hair also stands up in the front with 4 spikes and 3 bangs in the back later in the anime his front spikes become 5 and his back spikes become 4. Goku is born with the signature tail of the Universe 7 Saiyans which was long and prehensile with brown fur. While occasionally having it removed and later regrew it, by his late teens, it was permanently removed by Kami to prevent his Great Ape transformation so Kami could safely bring back the moon.